Saturday, October 22, 2011

Parole-In-Place --US Immediate Relatives--Workshop Video Part 4



Jane said...

Note: Small mistake. A certified birth certificate showing birth in the CNMI from 1/9/1978 forward is sufficient proof of US citizenship (not 11/4/1986--which is the date the TTPI ended, but citizenship attached with the Constitution implementation in 1978, per the Sabangan case).

Jane said...

Note: On financial self-support statement. If you have already contributed into the US Social Security System (and especially if you have at least ten years of contributions), a copy of your quarters of covereage from the SSA might be helpful documentation of your ability to support yourself, even if you are presently unemployed.

Jane said...

Note: for single parents. USCIS wants to know what efforts you've made to get child support from the non-custodial parent. You may want to explain your circumstances in your personal statement.